Thursday, January 6, 2011

ALTERED BOOK ROUND ROBIN

I have been involved in an altered book round robin since September.  We are to do a double page spread in each book as it comes to us; we have one month for each book.  Sue asked for "anything that flies" for her theme.  Here is my creation:


Sorry for such a poor scan; the book is a thick child's board book and we were to keep everything as flat as possible.  However, I did pop up the little girl and the kite for some dimension.  The sky was sponged; the hills and sun were created with patterned paper, the flowers punched from origami paper.  I wrote the haiku myself; something I enjoy doing.  The Asian doll is a rubber stamp from Hero Arts, the trees from Rosebud Rubber Stamps, the kite from Penny Black, the Asian calligraphy (faintly stamped throughout the sky) from Inkadinkadoo, and the birds from Portfolio. 

Here is how the haiku reads:


This was a fun spread to do - I hope Sue enjoys it when it finally reaches home. 

Am glad to be back from my trip to Parker CO; have a long list of projects to work on!!  Thanks for visiting my blog!

4 comments:

jackie said...

oooooo joy, i just love the art you have so added to the book and i am sure the recipient will as well. just lovely

Joanna said...

Sweet sweet spread, clever to have the kite as the thing that flies. I love the haiku too.

I love the idea of the round robin but oh, the responsibility!!

xx

arts4all said...

So you write haiku, Too! Wonderful!! A woman of many talents ;-) Yours is a lovely addition to the book, and glad you are back in blogland!

Barbara DeLisle said...

Sue is going to love this-so creative.