Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hello, again!

This week I played with some Dylusions spray inks that I purchased a few weeks ago.  They are beautiful and so very vibrant.  Initially I only purchased three colors, but I will definitely be getting more colors as my budget allows! 

 

These ATC's are for a Paper Traders swap called Chirp Chirp.  I got a partial sheet of gift wrap at a barn sale last year for 25 cents.  There were lots of birds, nests w/eggs and butterflies on it.  For the background, I sprayed a full sheet of cardstock with water and then the blue and green ink sprays.  I added another spray of water to help blend the colors and then let it dry in the sun.  Then I splattered some watered down white acrylic paint over the whole sheet.  After that was dry, I stamped a small flower image randomly with salty ocean distress ink.  The collage came together so easily and I love the German scrap trim to ground it all!  The small white butterfly die cuts were sent to me by a friend and were the perfect accent.  The alphabet letter die is from Memory Box.  I am very pleased with the way these turned out and had so much fun making them!





Here is the front of the page I did for my friend Maureen's book.  Recently she has been seeing spiders here and there inside and outside of her house, so I thought this would be a fun page for her. 

 

The back  of the page is open at the top to make a pocket to hold the tags I made with spider poems on them.  I used some fluffy yarn for ties on the tags and, serendipitously, the yarn hangs over the front of the page and kind of adorns the girl's hair!!  Cool.  Here are the tags:



 

 

And, here is the front of the page I did for Renee's book:

 
 

 

Just some clip art of Paris fashions that I colored a bit and added some gems to the dresses, etc.  Some French papers, lace and trim were also added to the page.  Here is the back of her page:



To go along with her page I made a tag booklet with fashions from the early 1900's on each tag.  She will be able to tie this to one of the binder rings of her book. 

Thanks for sticking with me for this long post - I really enjoyed making these things this week and hope you enjoy seeing them!  Thanks for visiting!




No comments: