Friday, September 18, 2009

2 x 2 canvas


Two friends and I are exchanging 2 x 2 canvases to later be assembled onto a larger canvas. We will make three for each other and three for ourselves, thus nine for the final canvas. Here is the first one I have made for Maureen. I used distress inks to add some color to the background and then stamped around the edges. My collage pretty much covered all of this. LOL The collage elements are from ARTchix Studio as is the copper German scrap trim. I added some glitter glue here and there and outlined the rim with a gold metallic marker. We are not limited to any particular style or theme; but these colors are reminiscent of Maureen, for sure.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

This is lovely, Joy. The background is very pretty and the image is gorgeous. I like the headdress you have given her. Great piece. I hope you post pictures of the final canvases - this sounds like an interesting project. Cheers!