Sunday, February 27, 2011

SUNDAY POSTCARD ART

Can't believe it's Sunday again - the weeks go by so quickly.  The theme for Sunday Postcard Art is double take.  We are to use one image twice.  Here is my postcard:



I have used nothing but rubber stamps and ink for my postcard.  The large flower and the small crown were both used twice; the polka dots and the accent stamp were used more than twice obviously.  I stamped the flowers with lightning black Brilliance ink and the rest of the images were stamped with black.  Distress inks in mustard seed and pine needles were applied over the whole piece.  A black marker was used to edge the whole postcard.

Thanks for looking!

19 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful postcard, love the images and the colors.

Rosie said...

I love your attention to detail! You can't beat good strong images and a lovely background! Great postcard!
By the way - may I ask where the Art makes life bearable comes from? I have lotsa arty quotes, but I really like that!

joy said...

Hi, Rosie! That stamp is from Our Lady of Rubber. I am not sure if that company still exists - maybe if you google it you can find out. Some of my stamps are 15 years old! LOL

yasmindeboo said...

Wonderful postcard; do love the stamps used for the background.

Martina said...

Terrific postcard, beautifully created!

Junibears said...

Just wonderful! Lovely work. xx

Yvonne said...

Gorgeous, Joy!

Diann said...

Great job! Diann

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely card Joy! I like your images and colour choices.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Great card and stamping . Marie

Darlene said...

Pretty postcard!!! Love those crowns.

peggy gatto said...

love the layers, color and layout!!!
A winner!

Jester said...

It's lovely, Joy - excellent stamping!

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, I love how you worked with this theme

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful!

Judy said...

Beautiful designed card, Joy!

Rhonda said...

This is fabulous, Joy! Love the depth you can create just using stamps, well done. Cheers!

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Wonderful postcard, Joy!