Monday, July 1, 2013

summer of color week four

It is hard to believe that this is the fourth week of Kristin's Summer of Color.  The colors that were voted in for this week are charcoal gray and pale pink.  I do not think of these colors for summer, but maybe that's isn't the intent of this challenge.  Perhaps it is just a way of getting us to think of using colors that we may not normally use.

Again, I chose to make two ATC's for this week. I will enjoy looking back at my collection of ATC's using the six different color combos.



Kinda' girly and romantic this time.  I found both of these images in an old Readers Digest song book.  The word phrases were cut from old books; something I do when I am watching TV and there are too many commercials!  I like to use them in ways that make sense or not; whatever strikes my fancy.

Have a great week!


21 comments:

Ivy said...

Your atc's are beautiful, I especially love the one on the left!

Tammie Lee said...

these are lovely in the weeks colors.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your ATCs are not just beautiful, they are quite clever, too. I agree that these don't really look like summer colors, but I also like your take on why these are the ones the majority of people seem to have chosen them.

peggy gatto said...

Delicate and lovely!

Carol McCready said...

Beautiful. Love at first sight is
my favorite out of the two.

Kristin Van Valkenburgh said...

This is just so elegant and feminine! I love your girly take on the theme :)
I wanted to let you know that your first link up did not work. I have linked this again for you so that others can see your work.
Thank you, xo

Unknown said...

These are so very pretty. The colors are wonderful.

GlorV1 said...

Very elegant, nice job.:)
gloria

Arlene said...

Love how you used the colors. Thank you for sharing. :)

Zana said...

Love these, so romantic.

stefanie stark said...

Lovely cards! And the color combination turns out so fantastic on your artwork!

Debbie said...

very pretty ladies!

Linda Gibbons said...

very pretty atcs.

Tracey FK said...

you have used both images beautifully... a wonderful way to use the colour prompts...they are gloriously girly... happy week 4

Lori Saul said...

Very romantic - a beautiful entry for this week!

dawn said...

These are both lovely!! I agree about this weeks colors but they are a favorite of mine.
I like everything about these, just beautiful!!

Sharon Fritchman said...

WOW! I absolutely love both of your works of art! They are so beautiful and a perfect way to use this week's SOC colors!

Miriam said...

Lovely work with these colours. Visiting from SoC

Natasha said...

Gorgeous images to use and well suited to the colours. Great work. I do think these colours lend themselves more towards romance than summer!! :)

Paper rainbow said...

lovely romantic images!!

JansArtyJunk said...

Beautiful and feminine atc's..perfect for this colour combo :)