Friday, September 6, 2013

another ATC swap for Paper Traders

The theme for this 6-for-6 ATC swap is "Wings & Things". 


I decided to use a butterfly with this clipart image to, in a subtle way, reference the metamorphosis of a blossoming young lady transitioning into womanhood.  The background was made by misting water over an ATC cut from watercolor paper. Then I brushed distress inks over the paper until I was happy with the blended colors.  After the inks had dried, I used a Magenta crackle stamp to add some more texture to the background.  Strips of text were torn from an old book (1925), distressed along the edges and added to the bottom.  The images were also distressed with ink before adhering them. A Martha Stewart punch was used for the butterflies.  Two tiny gems were added to each of them.  The words were computer generated.   

It will be fun to receive some more tiny ATC treasures in my mailbox!

3 comments:

Nydiart said...

Thank you for sharing your process! These look great!
~Nydia

Carolyn Albro said...

These cards are absolutely stunning! I can't wait to see them in person. And thank you for playing:)

Lucy said...

Lovely cards!
Lucy from Oz