Monday, August 16, 2010

COLLAGE COTERIE

Mary Green's newest online class "Collage Coterie" started yesterday.  Her first lesson taught us how to use torn strips of vintage papers and gesso for a background.  The gesso tones the papers down a bit and makes them more cohesive overall.  I made two ATC's:



For the one on the left, I used an image from Lisa's Altered Art, some rubber stamps, punches and a scrap of patterned paper at the bottom.  The strips of paper were glued on vertically.  For the one of the right, I glued the strips horizontally.  A friend gave me the old photo and I used a postage stamp, some German scrap along the bottom, and a butterfly from Mary's Vintage Gluebook class.  Distress the edges of both with the distress tool by Tim Holtz and some distress ink. 

This is an ongoing class - you can sign up anytime if you are interested. Very informative and a fun Flickr group to share your creations. Mary is very generous with collage sheets for her classes, also.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Miss Iowa said...

Adorable ATCs! How did you get those brown specks? Did you use some kind of spray or did you use a rubber stamp? I have the Tsukineko walnut ink sprays and I can never get the look I want with them. (P.S. I'm in the Collage Coterie class, too!)

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi, very lovely ATC'S! I really like them a lot, you did a wonderful job on both of them! Wow, maybe I need to take that class myself! I hope that you have a great rest of your evening.
hugs...
Bobbi

Joanna said...

Hi Joy, good to see you're in the Collage Coterie class too! Lovely ATC's - the background is really effective, working really well with the wonderful images you've sourced. x

K J D said...

Fantastic atcs... I love the technique Mary explained.... it works really well here with the elements you have used. Looking forward to Lesson Two!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

The pages for your book are ALL really beautiful, amazing in fact. I need to check out this gals classes. thanks