Tuesday, August 10, 2010

VINTAGE NOTECARD

Here is one of a set of notecards I am making - kinda' shabby chic/vintage style. 




I made the background with distress inks on glossy paper and stamped over it with a darling stamp from Lost Coast Designs.  Then I added some collage elements (heart and butterfly) from Lisa's Altered Art.  This was layered to a square paper doily and a ribbon and copper brad were attached to the left side.  I also edged card with a Pilot gold metallic pen. 

I love how soft the colors are on this card; but the scan makes the colors look a bit deeper than IRL!!

Thanks to Lynn Stevens, I am entering this in the Simon Says challenge for their "wings" theme. 

Thanks for visiting! 

5 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Joy, This is so beautiful, are you entering it in the Simon says wings challenge? you should!

Nancy Wethington said...

She is so beautiful! I, too, love the soft monochromatic colors. I think it adds to her drama. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful image ... love the colours and the overall effect you have achieved! Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp and Show for our first challenge ... Hope to see you again next week :0)

Lynne Forsythe said...

OK...so I think you did a FABULOUS job at the -kinda' shabby chic/vintage style!!!

thanks BUNCHES for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

Terry said...

Hiya Joy thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show for our first Challenge you did a fabulous job with your project. Wow...love those colors and the image you have used. Hope to see ya soon for another challenge. Hugs Terry xxxx